Re: Re Is it a M$ world?

Quoting "Patricia M. Godfrey" :

> How do the rest of us, especially those in publishing, feel about this?
> Should I let sleeping dogs lie, or should I stand up for diversity? If I
> raise the issue, may I cite publishers who use Xy/NB?

Dear Patricia,

   I speak as a writer only, but please stand up for diversity! Lately,
with the decreasing number of publishers who no longer recognize XyWrite, I
tend to send things out as RTFs or plain ASCII, but there are also lots of
text editors (as opposed to word processors) out there, and writers are
using them. And I wager more writers will use them in coming years.
   By the way, does Columbia U.P. still use XyWrite? I also seem to
recall that U. of North Carolina Press (or some such) used it. But both
these recollections are from the late 1990s...

Carlo
carloc@xxxxxxxx