Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

With regard to large mailboxes in Thunderbird, there is an addon called
Attachment Extractor which will remove all the inline binary files which
Thunderbird stores with mail. I reduced a mailbox from around 50M to
about 6M recently using this.
Regarding its awfulness or otherwise, I have found it satisfactory over
the last three or four years but I also found that you do need to put
some work in to get it to operate how you want.

Paul Breeze

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Bill Troop wrote:
< I tried T-bird a couple of years ago
and found it awful, but much will have changed.
I had problems with Tbird under 98, but it runs reliably under XP and
Vista. What I like about it are 2 things: 1) the ability (with a certain
amount of force majerure) to MAKE it put your data elsewhere than in its
own folder on C:; and 2) the existence of the portable version, which I
run off a memory card in my cell modem.
But apropos of what started this (really OT discussion), doesn't Eudora
let you make folders into which you can move your e-mail by subject or
source? So that you don't get huge inbox files?