Re: Off topic--spam, why does it work?

I wonder just how much of our current problems with spoofing/spam/viruses
is down to the laziness of the ISPs.
I note that in the current outbreak (in which my address has been hugely
spoofed) some ISPs intercept the virus, delete it and send back a message
saying they have done so. When I asked my ISP why his computers don't do
the same it was "too difficult and too consuming of resources".
Right. And how much resources does the current virus outbreak take? All of
my mailbox every day, for a start.
Just because the Internet is wonderfully anarchic doesn't mean we shouldn't
have a teensy weensy bit of order ...

Paul Williams