Concerning MAILPREP in XYWWWEB115.

 I wonder if I might make a suggestion. Not all of us write strictly
 in English. And so, it would be nice if MAILPREP were able to handle
 accented letters, in the following manner: "e acute gets translated
 to "e'" and "e grave" to "'e", and so on. C cedilla becomse C, etc.
 As well, it would be nice if symbols such are the COPYRIGHT symbol,
 838, comes out as Copyright, etc. It would also be useful if MAILPREP
 were able to replace italicized script with the underline symbol,
 _thusly_. Can this be done in future releases of U2?

 In the interim, is there a modification that I might make to achieve
 the same objective? I know a bit of XPL code, but I am far from being
 an expert at this sort of thing.

 M.W. Poirier
 MONTREAL, Quebec