Re: Re Xy on XP--an amende honorable

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"
 on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:40:53 -0400

> Another Good Thing about XP: I often shut down a system...

Don't. Just leave it running all the time. I never shut my
machine down (unless Windows Update really insists). Much
easier that way -- and much more continuity: you can pick up
any number of threads you left off 5-10 days ago -- remind
yourself what you were interested in. If things start to slow
down, Process Explorer to the rescue: determine which app is
gobbling up the CPU, and dump it (View ==> Select Columns ==>
Process Performance ==> display CPU Usage, CPU Time, CPU
History).

.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx