Re: Saving to Floppy Disk under OS/2

Robert Holmgren has some suggestions that seem to make good sense, but I
think some of his guesses can be safely eliminated.

>If [a diskette is] preformatted for VFAT (do Win95 floppies
>use VFAT? I forget)

Where I'm calling from, DOS preformatting is DOS preformatting, though it
may also/instead be called Windows 95 for marketing purposes.

>possibly the floppy is wired up to the IDE adaptor, yet the
>SCSI BIOS thinks that it controls the floppy

In my limited understanding, the "IDE adaptor" is little (if anything) more
than something you plug a ribbon cable into; but anyway "IDE" (or ATAPI or
EIDE or whatever) isn't the same as the floppy. And while I've heard of
SCSI all sorts of things (even printers), I've never heard of a SCSI FDD.

>Another possibility is that it's a slow floppy drive

Slow is normal. I wouldn't bet that no fast ones exist, but your
bog-standard 1990 1.44MB drive is, I think, very similar to what you're
likely to get in a 586/333 machine.

(NB I know zilch about OS/2--which is probably what made the issue
irresistable to me.)
Peter Evans