Re: DOS Emulator {VPT}

Reply to note from michael.norman@xxxxxxxx Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:13:24
-0500

> NB: [VPT] does, however, change the color in the DosBox.

If, by "DosBox", you mean windowed DOS session, that's entirely
possible. In fact, I'm sure I've noticed it myself, on the rare
occasion when I toggle from full-screen into a windowed view with
VPT running. Of course, this was never the intended use (VPT, after
all, is vintage 1988), and the results, as I recall, are fairly
rudimentary. Certainly nothing like the finely-tuned color control
it gives you in a full-screen DOS session.

By the way, "DOS box" usually refers generally to any DOS session
running under a multitasking OS -- a simulation of single-task,
control-the-hardware, real DOS that allows a DOS app to behave as if
it were the only app running -- also called a VDM or Virtual DOS
Machine. It doesn't refer to the DOS app's appearance, whether
windowed, full-screen or minimized. FWIW.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx