Re: eeeditor

≪I have my XyWrite 3 set up for green letters on a black background --
which is what I got used to on computer terminals 40 years ago. ≫
Terminals? Wazzat? When I started out, we learned to transfer programs
to punch cards with a mechanical typewriter; we got perf-paper printout
back next day. Garbage in, garbage out, we used to say; then we'd have
to searched for the mispunched hole.
The computer we were working on had external harddisks, stacked up like
phonograph records inside a clear plastic case atop the mainframe. You
could watch the read arm jerk back and forth across the whirling disk
stack. The entire stack was removable and there was a cabinet full of
additional stacks next to the computer. I don't recall what their
storage capacity was, but certainly less than a modern mp3 player or
iPod. This was a few years before XyWr ....