Re: dict.spl problem

Dict.spl is a binary file that ships with XyWrite; it doesn't need ;SP; at the top. The message you're getting is because you're trying to load a pers.spl or other personal spelling file, which IS a text file and *does* need ;SP; - check startup.int to see what it's trying to load.

If you need a new Dict.spl file, write me privately and I'll send you mine. If you right-click on the file and click Properties, it should be 110464 bytes long and have a creation date of 2/4/87.

Tim Baehr