Re: Windows-style handling of blocks

Flash,
It's been a while now since I made the change, but I think all you need to do is make some changes in TABLE=SHIFT, to make them work as they do in Windows. The key, surprising, thing is that the block operations work when one has only done one DF (open DeFine). Here's my shifted keys that are relevant:

72=dmcu
73=dmpu

75=dmcl
76=nx,gt
77=dmcr

80=dmcd
81=dmpd

83=DN <== a memory-saving way to delete a defined block

93=dmpu

97=dmpd
100=dmcu
101=dmcl
102=dmcd
103=dmcr

--Harry
Harry wrote:
≪Perhaps most of you already know this, but you can modify your .KBD file to make Xy4's handling of defined blocks work as Windows does. That is, holding down the shift key while using the cursor keys can be made to extend or contract the block as in Windows programs. Then, you can also do block functions--delete a block by hitting the Delete key, MoVe or CoPy it, etc.--all without "closing" the DeFine.
And none of this interferes with also using the familiar Xy way of
handling DeFines.
You can get the Windows-type actions by using Xy4's DM function. If anyone
is interested, I can post the .KBD modifications. ≫

Would you kindly send me a sample of KBD syntax for this function?

Thanks,
Flash

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx