Re: XP setup for xywrite (XyWin not enough memory problem)

I use WinXp SP3 to run XyWin. On three machines (single processors)
XyWin works perfectly, simply by copying a working setup onto the new
machine. On two other machines (dual and quad processors) it works
sporadically, depending on other software installations. The common
denominator appears to be multiple processors.

The error message is “There is not enough memory to perform function”.
Lately, XyWin simply does not load.

I have searched the XyWrite Mail List and have tried
- running sfc /purgecache in DOS
- increasing virtual memory
- running imagecfg.exe in DOS to restrict the number of processors
accessed by NTVDM
- Paul Breeze’s suggestion to set Windows/Control
  Panel/System/Advanced/Environmental Variables
- Patricia’s suggestion of running MEM /C under varied circumstances.
(XyWin does not reflect any mempry changes.)

XyWin is still not loading on the multiple processor machines. Perhaps
imagecfg.exe is the key, but I am not using it correctly. Any
suggestions?

Valmond Ghyoot