Re: Numberlock on?

Paul Breeze wrote:

> This bios numberlock setting is off. Always has been. numlkoff.com has no effect. And when I
> start XY4 (or XY3) the numberlock is on; (if I press a keypad number I get a number on the screen).

Yeah, that's been my experience too.

> On the subject of XYWin, I've made sure all the files have the archive attribute off, but it has

> made no difference. If I click on the icon, the machine chatters for half a second and thats about
> it. No XYWin.

Make sure the Directory (directories ?) don't have their bits set as Read Only. I can check this
with
a _real_ file manager like ZTree, but I'm not sure how it might be done with Win Explorer. Also,
you
may need to check those bits periodically. I'm not sure that "Off" will stay OFF, if Win
keeps
touching them. If that doesn't do it, there may be some other setting deficiency in your desktop
icon.

Jordan