Re: vDos for XyWrite

I seem to have worked my problems out for the moment. I note that in the
USE lines in autoexec.txt, it seems that the drive letters must
not be lowercase. My other problems were solved once I realized that
the C: drive of vDos is simply its folder, and that any necessary folders
I needed to get my configuration of Xy4 working could just be copied
there.

All is working quite well, and I find that 'semi-full screen mode' very appealing, and without the irritations of the VMware/W2K route. It is infinitely less eye-stressful than working in Win/Linux/Mac. I find that I do actually need to make the white a little brighter, which I will figure out soon, and would probably be more comfortable with a fatter font such as Lucida Mono.

At 13/11/2014 05:14, you wrote:

Reply to note from Bill Troop Thu, 13 Nov 2014
03:45:05 +0000

Bill,

> To whom should any bug reports go?

Post them here. We'll moot them amongst ourselves, and if it seems
they originate in the innards of vDos, I'll see that they're passed
along to CatastrophicAnomaly. Hopefully most problems encountered
will turn out to be neither catastrophic nor anomalous....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx