Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

M.W. Poirier wrote:
 It's simple. I have a full
 complement of filters in my filters directory and I issue
 the command sa/rtf on the command line, using the keys to
 invoke a macro. They invokes the U2 macro, and voila. I
 get the file XY42RTF.RTF in my XY4 directory. I rename it
 and send it to my MSWord directory. I call it up in MSWord,
 and save it as a MSWord document. It could not be easier. No
tweaking required.
This is what I was recommending Avram try, but as he's
using Xy III, he needs to upgrade to 4. The further
wrinkle in his case is that he needs to convert the
Word file BACK to Xy. That was what I was referring to
with my mention of batfiles and the possible need to
clean up the resultant file. (The conversion filters
embed a lot of redundant formatting; you cannot see it
in Weird, but you can in WordPerfect--with Reveal Codes
on--and you can see it, and fix it, in a file converted
from another format to Xy.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx