Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

From: "Patricia M. Godfrey"
> And isn't there a routine in there for customary-metric conversions...

I don't think so. We have one for Fahrenheit-Celsius-Kelvin; easy enough to add others. But, in
terms of versatility and scope of coverage, you can't beat the Google calculator. Just plug your
conversion query into any Google search window, in the form
[number] [from_units] in [to_units]

For example:

3 quarts in liters
35.5 long tons in lbs
25.75 USD in pounds sterling
150 brazilian money in chinese money
etc., etc.

Recall, also, that you can launch any Google search (including, of course, conversion queries) from the CMline if you have frame ViewURL configured in XYWWWEB.REG. The framename for Google searches is YAG. E.g., YAG 20 points in picas. Easy enough to paste the result back into XyWrite.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx