Re: Now XP can't tell the TIME

Bill Troop wrote:

> >Maybe just shelling out to DOS was enough
> >to refresh the system.
>
> I've played around with the time issue a little more.
> Shelling out to DOS from Xý4 doesn't cause the
> clock to reset in Xy4's window. While you're in
> DOS, you have to execute the TIME command
> from DOS, then exit to re-enter Xy4. It is annoying
> and easy to forget. I wonder if there is some kind
> of way of fixing this -- or is it an XP problem, related
> to suspend. It's quite amazing, but after all these years,
> nobody seems to be able to make a suspend feature
> in either a laptop or a desktop that really works!

Is Suspend the same thing as Hibernate ? That does work -- I've
seen it do so on several different laptops -- but it works at
system level. That is, everything running at time of hibernation
should come back up when you resume. I don't think you can pick
and choose, other than to close any app.s you are done with for
the moment.

Jordan