Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Aloha,

I've previously noted that Xywrite runs with DOS emulators on an
Android tablet. (I don't have Xywrite III+; I've only tested with
Xywrite 2 and 4), although not for printing, other than the
print-to-file workaround. It runs fast enough to be highly useful with
two caveats: 1) it seems hard on the battery, and 2) it's not so
wonderful for typing in French and German (though I suspect that could
be improved if I worked at it).

This is a really interesting discussion. My two fractions of a cent
worth are that emulators run Xywrite more than well enough, beyond the
point at which a rewrite or clone is necessary (though nonetheless a
fascinating idea). I think a rewrite in an interpreted/tokenized
language like Python would result in code that is too slow.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Sent via Linux Mint 17.