Re: xpl programming links

I don't know about the other ones, but
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/XPL/
is definitely a different XPL! Nothing to do with XyWrite!

Martin

On 06/03/2011 8:31 PM, charles@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey, most of you guys probably already have this info, but since I found them, I figured I'd pass them along just in case: links for info on programming in XPL: http://www.cs.toronto.edu/XPL/ http://www.cs.toronto.edu/XPL/roster.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XPL (of course) http://www.bodenstab.org/ http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xzqWtO3LqTcJ:www.notabene.com/cpg.html+guide+to+programming+in+xpl&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com (this is for Nota-Bene, which I have in past years purchased twice...I'm getting tired of sending Nota-Bene money and then, when I lose the blasted disks and related PC in yet another move, them not remembering I've already bought their stuff, and since it's pretty pricey, this time around I'm saying screw Nota-Bene, but perhaps this guide is essentially XPL....dunno....) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lMM7Woo54aYJ:www.xml-training-guide.com/xpl-xml-pipeline-language.html+guide+to+programming+in+xpl&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com (now, this one's weird, and may not have ANYTHING TO DO with XPL...anyone know? It's something called XML that includes an XPL reference, but whether the reference is actually to the XyWrite XPL I haven't a clue....being, generally, except for certain arcane subjects which occasionally turn out to be useful, clueless...) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dqo70BnD70kJ:www.orbeon.com/orbeon/doc/reference-xpl-pipelines+guide+to+programming+in+xpl&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com (another XML-related page; I am beginning to suspect that XML-related references to XPL have NOTHING TO DO with XyWrite, but wot-the-hell do I know????) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2Y4IFFsRd5YJ:www.penticoff.com/nb/programming/cpg.htm+guide+to+programming+in+xpl&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com (another Nota-Bene related programming guide, but it may be reasonably applicable to XPL for XyWrite, dunno....) Can anyone separate the wheat from the chaff here? Best, Charles
-- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Theoretical Economics, a journal of the Econometric Society http://econtheory.org Follow TE: http://twitter.com/EconTheory PoET http://theory.economics.utoronto.ca/poet