RE: Windows registry cleanup tools

-----Original Message----- From: J R FOX

> So, I would still be interested in any good
> recommendations for *safely* cleaning out the dead
> wood. (Miles of Winjunk Files on the hard drive,
> rather than junk inside the Registry. If the latter
> is not actually causing any actual harm, its removal
> is probably not urgent.)
>

> Jordan

Jordan, I think this is the sort of thing you're looking for:

Scrub Your Hard Drive Clean!
(Fifteen files in all! Five batch files that can free up anywhere from tens
to thousands of megabytes of otherwise-wasted disk space; files that most
Windows-based cleanup apps miss! Also includes Registry patches that can add
or remove the cleanup functions to your Recycle Bin menu; and "Program
information Files" to ensure the batch files properly interact with your
system.

http://langa.com/cleanup_bat.htm

-BrianH.