Re: Can keyboard assignment use Windows key?

Interesting topic! But, as Carl said "All in all, a pretty frustrating experience." I have all nigh stopped meddling with key assignments. And would not even consider using Windows special keys in this way. Still it would be nice to manage Windows XP or whatever, VirtualPC Windows, and DOS box keys coherently. I use a customized US keyboard layout with additional European language support (ö,ä and accents). There is MS and other commercial software to manage this in current Windows environments, the problem is lacking corresponding software in Windows 3.1 and DOS. XyWrite handles my layout beautifully, but other DOS programs are less accommodating. The keyboard layers are like layers of onion - the deeper you get, the more tears there are in your eyes.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx