Re: No more XP lag with Tamedos

At 12/25/2004 04:14 PM -0500, Michael Norman wrote:
ACTION: I added [guillemet]SV652,XyOS=WXP[guillemet];*; which produces a delta, this in lieu of: JM 2.GetXyOSQ2;*; (NB: in my previous post I erred; I had BX at the beginning of the string instead of JM.)
RESULTS: Both strings cause problems, depending on where in the startup
sequence you locate them: common to both, again depending on where they
are located, are -- program comes up with numlock on; program comes up in
window 2 and you have to AS to get to window 1 and the directory; you get
a highlighted "X" (one of the status indicators) appearing in the command
box -- second line of command area, after the window# indicator and the
Path statement -- X for "temporary file" which persists for the entire
XyDos session; various other small anomalies.
NB: This "temporary file" X is persistent across all my startup routines.
The manual says: "The X indicator appears when XyWrite is writing
information form memory out to disk." I wonder if the problem is new, which
is to say common with XP, or is a consequence of TAME?

Michael Norman