Re: Keyboard handling etc.

Bad news....  It's not possible to create documents in xy3 with this vDos version.  You get a "file not found" error message when executing  a "ne" command.

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: Keyboard handling etc.

Reply to note from "John Paines" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:30:01 +0000
(UTC)

> As already reported at the sourceforge vdos site, xy3 does load,
> but not all custom keyboard assignments are working.

Yes. I found I can get Xy4 (EDITOR.EXE) to load, but the session
freezes if I try to manually load my KBD, SETTINGS.DFL, and other
customization files. If I attempt to load them automatically, by
running STARTUPT.INT, the session crashes with the "DOS MCB list is
corrupt" error.

> vDosxy3 also supports config.txt commands which aren't
> supported in either old or current vDos, or this new
> modification.

I've disabled them in the CONFIG.TXT file that I'm loading in

vDos-LFN.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx