Fwd: XyDOS on large screens

Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 14:55:53 +0200
From: Alan Heubert

I'm about to buy a new notebook computer, and the major companies only
sell them now with 14.1" screens (unless one wants a small hard drive).
But DOS programs, including XyWrite, look very grainy in full-screen
mode on a 15" screen, and, I assume, on 14" ones as well. Can anyone
suggest to me which of the following solutions might work, or suggest
another?

a) Run XyWrite in a window. This, at least, isn't grainy. But the window
won't fill up the whole screen, which looks a little odd. More
importantly, does anyone know whether XyWrite runs reliably in a
Window?

b) Are there any programs out there that will make DOS programs look
good in full-screen mode on a larger monitor? A number of years ago
there used to be a "screen enhancer" called Ultrafont, that came
installed on Toshiba portables, and which did something similar. But
that program doesn't help here, and the company that made it doesn't
seem to be around anymore.

c) Switch to XyWin, or to NotaBene.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Alan