Re: Conversion to/from MS Word

I wouldn't bet the rent on having styles transfer back and forth *as styles*,
given what I remember from working with the filters many years ago and the
fact that styles are implemented very differently from word processor to word
processor. Try doing a save-as from Xy to WordPerfect 4.2 and see if your
colleague can convert the file into Word. WPerf seems to preserve a lot of Xy
information, sometimes even including fonts. Might work in the other direction
too. Also, in either direction, try RTF as your common denominator--it's
become a kind of de-facto universal format for many word processors.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx