From: William H. TeBrake
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 7, again

Jordan,

There are no hoops to jump through with VMWare Player (the free one).  Once the player is installed, all you need to do is install a copy of XP (or any other version of Windows, probably DOS, even Linux) within it.  The tools that are installed with Player allow you to use the printers and network connections of your Win 7 installation, and you can copy/cut and paste between your virtualized XP (or any other OS you wish to install) and your Win 7 machine and vice versa.  It costs nothing, takes probably an hour of your time, and, if you don't like it, simply uninstall it.  Couldn't be simpler.

Best,

William TeBrake
UMaine History Emeritus