Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: what/where are the Vista basics?

 Andy:

 My advice is a bit different from Harry's. I would not download the
 latest version. It you are at all uncertain, and are not quite sure
 about what the latest versions of TAME can do, you could get yourself
 into a bit of a mess. Of course, it is easy enough to get out of the
 mess, but it could discourage you from trying the early versions. So
 try an early version first. It will do what you want, reduce CPU
 hogging. As for the rest of Harry's comment, I agree with him. NOTE:
 the earlier version are lower down on TAME Dos's download page. I
 think the one in the middle position may be the version you want.

 If you want to try later versions after, then go ahead. The later
 versions, and very specifically Ver. 5.1 Pre 7, which seems to be the
 version that a few of us like, allows you to configure your screen in
 a number of ways that are not accessible in regular DOS. For instance,
 you can see italic fonts on screen, ...no underlining , if you don't
 want it, and no backgrounds of a different colour to symbolise italic.
 Same for bold, etc. As for screen colours, they can be the way you like
 them, etc., plus a number of other features.

 M. W. Poirier