"Linux "

try redhat linux 5.2 or wait until 6.0 gets a revision. there is also
a good linux package from caldera. it would be best to get help from
a linux guru in installing it and setting up dosemu -- that makes life
much easier. should be easy to find one at university, harder maybe
elsewhere.

i can send anyone interested my dosemu config file, which might help a
little.

the advantage of redhat 6.0 may be that it has nice gui, and makes
installation a bit easier. but dosemu was just as hard to set up on
it, as using redhat 5.2.

i am having someone help with putting linux on my thinkpad -- that is
trickier still.

once it is all running, it is terrific.

arthur