Re: Win2K ISO has no product key

Harry, that one has the product key specified in its name, and I have used a VM based on that one off and on with no issues; IIRC, my installation of it in Vbox was smoother than my test install yesterday of Windows-2000-SP4-Final-2011-Edition_(all-updates).

It is a smaller ISO, about 387 MB. I believe I ultimately decided on installing WIN2000_PRO_SP4_DDTPV-TXMX7-BBGJ9-WGY8K-B9GHM.ISO because there appeared to be everything I needed on it, and additional stuff I wouldn't need on the other ISO. But that is months ago now, so my memory may be wrong.

Paul
On 07/26/2014 11:23 PM, Harry Binswanger wrote:

The one that requires a product key is: "WIN2000_PRO_SP4_DDTPV-TXMX7-BBGJ9-WGY8K-B9GHM.ISO"

From: mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Troop
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 4:56 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Win2K ISO has no product key

Harry, I'd like to know what file you were trying to work with, so as to be able not to recommend it. The file I recommend does not require a serial and has no viruses. I would not have recommended it so enthusiastically if there had been such a problem. Sorry to hear that you have had so many difficulties. For me, from downloading the ISO to running XyWrite took about 20 minutes and there just weren't any problems.