Re: "The Best Software...."

Having read Charles Piller's incisive *LA Times* article about the best
software, his friend Marion, MS Turd, XyWrite, etc., I wrote him (and via
him, Marion) a little note.

I didn't expect to get a reply, but one came. FIVE KILOBYTES of it, what's
more! I thought I'd share it with all of you. I'll omit his signature,
and his very considerate quotation of my entire message (complete with my
signature). Those essentials aside, here's his reply, complete and verbatim:

> Thanks for your comments.

I'm so thrilled by this personal message I don't know what to say. Maybe
I'll subscribe to the *LA Times*. No, that's a bit drastic--maybe I'll
reply to Piller, quoting his message back to him. Then maybe he'll quote
it back to me--and I'll quote it back to him! Suggestions?

(What I wonder is, how did we ever manage to communicate before the days of
100% regurgitation?)
Peter Evans