OT: Boot to DOS with Win option

Some have asked me how to keep Windows 98 as an option yet by-pass it
at computer boot so that the system boots to DOS - Here we go:
1) Locate the file msdos.sys (it is located in the “C:/Windows”
directory)
2) Open msdos.sys with any text editor like XyWrite or any editor that
won’t try to format it as to a WP Document like M$Word does.
3) Once you’ve opened msdos.sys locate the line which reads “BootGUI=1”
4) Simply change the line to read “BootGUI=0” (zero).
5) Save the file as msdos.sys in the Windows directory.
Now when you start the computer it will boot to DOS instead of Win98. As you may have guessed “BootGUI=1” tells the computer “boot to Win98 GUI ” and “BootGUI=0” tells it to boot to DOS or actually “don’t boot to a GUI” - All Windows OS (excluding XP which is really a flavor of Win 2K) are really just Graphic User Interfaces (GUI) built and working atop the DOS OS engine.
In this configuration, if you want to enter win98, simply type “Win” at
the DOS prompt and if you want to return to DOS, just do an “exit to
DOS” from the Windows “Shut-down” menu. This does not necessitate a
reboot - At this point, sayyou have been in DOS gone to Win98, then
traveled back into DOS and now decide you want to go to win98 a second
time - this time you type “Exit” - since (in my understanding) Win98
has been loaded in RAM.
Of course if you are wanting to work between a Windows program and
XyWrite the best method is still the old “DOS box in Windows” (yuck!).