Re: New fonts for windowed mode (CP 850)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:24:56
+0100

Manuel:

> Keep in mind that I didn't test the fonts under XP
> (you're using XP, I suppose).

Nope. Win2K, like you. I think part of my problem may be that I have so many
DOS window fonts, and so many of the same sizes too... Maybe five different
10x21, for example.

> Uninstall 10_21_XY.FON and then install 10_21_XYM.FON (or
> viceversa)

Well, I've got them _both_ installed -- and maybe that's my problem, one
supersedes the other. Or maybe I just need to Reboot...

Rebooting doesn't matter. Fonts appear in Properties, and then -- if I load a
font and then return to Properties -- it may well have disappeared. But if I
toggle to Lucida, and then back to Raster fonts, all the choices reappear. So
that's my solution. (I still think it's buggy. I still can't load
10_21_XY.FON -- it shows in the preview, but when I select it, I get a
different font!)

The 16x34 1252 font is very nice too. VERY nice! But here's my situation:
I'm editing HTML pages. I need to see the page in XyWrite and on-screen in a
browser simultaneously. De Forest's (9x16) is so small you have to squint (@25
lines). Your's is so large I can't see the HTML page behind it. I want
something that's about 10x20 -- medium size. You have anything like that?