Re: XyWrite

>>I hate the screen font in draft mode in XyWin;. Try switching from Windows
printer drivers to XyWin >>drivers and vice versa; every so often I get a
GenApp Fault (TTG couldn't help me) Too slow >>compared to DOS version (of
course!) Other minor bugaboos.
>>I saw that they beat me to the punch on your respone to my response on Nota
Bene. You should try it >>out if you use the DOS version of XY. Nota Bene,
while not a flashy program, does some stuff in a way >>superior to XY. Style
implementation is superb; it is very easy to do academic documents.

was this message meant for me? you addressed it to yourself... I AM interested
in Nota Bene, still I think XyWin is THE one for me. I am fond of its features
that remind me of good old XyIII+. Of course is it is not half as fast, but I
like the advantages of fancy printing and lay out. It surely has not all the
possibilities of Word4Win, but it is a lot faster & very simple. Perhaps you
lose something compared to IVforDOS, but it has all the features a
Windows-program should have. The only real problem, I think, is lack of
compability.
It has some bugs indeed. I resolved the most of them by changing in my
config.sys the line stacks=0,0 to stacks=9,256.
the draft mode is not that nice, you are right. But I do not have any problems
with wysiwyg. I never use the XyWin driver, always choose the current
Windows-printer (for me, the HP deskjet); the results are just fine.