Lost Expanded Memory

I have just upgraded my desktop computer to a P4 2GHz, and installed Windows 2000 SP4. Now I find
that I get the "not enough memory to perform this function" message when I try to use the
Microlytics UK dictionary. This is not a new installation, I have simply moved my hard disk with
installed software from one machine to another. However on further investigation, and when
comparing the memory available on the new machine and on my Thinkpad notebook (I ran MEM after
shelling to DOS from the command line in XY4) I find that the P4 machine is not supplying me with
any Expanded Memory. I have checked settings in the PIF file and the settings on the portable and
the desktop are identical.

Has anybody help experienced this? I tried searching the XY database but searching for "not
enough
memory" brings up too many hits and is rejected.

I must be missing something but I can't see what.

Help.

Paul Breeze