Re: extinct products {was DOS Emulator}

Could you give contact details? It'd be nice to find an affordable source
for Northgates.

        Gavin

At 09:57 AM 1/22/03 -0800, you wrote:
Brian wrote:

> > (do you own a Syquest drive ?)
>
> Yes! You wanna buy it?
>
> -Brian Henderson

No thanks. I'm already over-invested in orphaned products and
historical curios.

A few things are worth going the extra mile for, though. There was a
guy who used to be active on CIS, who repaired Northgate keyboards. I
think Carl or Robert gave me a Linux-related lead on finding him.
Never followed that up, but yesterday I found another guy who has a
side business of cleaning and repairing them. He charges $55., plus
you pay the shipping both ways. I was probably going to toss my first
Omnikey-102, which developed serious problems a couple years ago, but
now I think I may roll the dice on this. He also sells reconditioned
Northgates, I think with a 90 day warranty.

Jordan