PAGE NUMBERING

I have just tried to change my page numbering in mid-document, and I can't seem
to do it. What I need to do is to start numbering the document, using a running
footer (f5-rf-cr, fc-pn, f3), and go on with these page numbers for a few
pages. Then I need to insert several pages of figures, each with its own page
number.After that, I want to tell xywrite (3.55) to number the next page, which
is really page number 9 in the file, not as number 9 but as number 13. I tried
using SP 13 at the top of the page, I tried specifying a new running footer
with the new page number, etc. No luck!! How do I do this?? It is not such an
unusual request, I think. Sysops, other users, anyone?? HELP!! Jeremy Stein