Re: File Conversion

On 04/04/97 at 07:54 AM,
  TBaehr@xxxxxxxx said (in so many words):

<- Aside: The Word for Word package had an autodetect module that would
<- figure out the format of the source file automatically. It was never
<- implemented in XyWrite.

For various reasons I only occasionally use the conversion routines in
XyWrite. When I need to convert I use DeScribe, which has at least as
good conversion plus autodetect; it's a little extra work bopping back to
the desktop to wake up DeScribe but I've had much more conversion
happiness with it than with XyDos. DeScribe is particularly handy for my
WordforMac friends as it also handily handles the 67 character filenames
they tend to use.

--
                     Regards,
                     David