Re: Xy III+, XyWin, and Win95 -Reply

>>>  10/23/96 09:09am >>>
We know of the problem XyWrite has with calling long filenames
and moving to directories with longnames under Win95. It still
uses the Dos convention for filenames and directories.

We run Xy for Windows and Xy 4 for Dos under Win95. I
gather from reading most of the messages posted that Xy for
Windows has a few bugs but will run. You will have to modify the
properties for Xy for Dos and Xy 3+ to insure that they will run
under Win95 (as well as NT Workstation 3.51).

What modfications have to be made? I had a devil of a time
getting XyWin installed on Win 95: the Install program croaked
and crashed Win 95 entirely! I had to do a massive copy of files
from a Win 3.1 installation. Tedious, to say the least.

 Of course, XyWin installs and runs flawlessly
under OS/2 Warp