Spelling

Robert,

Sorry for the confusion; I guess I wanted (and still want) the best of both
worlds.

If I could not have both the Microlytics (english) and PCLEXAM (french) work
together [according to SysOp says (#9163) that "our program does not allow you
to switch between these dictionaries within the same session"], then have at
least PCLEXAM switch from eng.spl and fra.spl according to the
UD=US/UD=FRANCAIS defined in the beginning of the file. (I will worry later
about UD changes in the same document).

Thanks to your help, this second part is now working properly (have not seen
any glitches yet) with the following macro. The default are setup as you
suggested in SETTINGS.DFL.

XH BX (UNLOAD 3)BX (d om=0)®IF®VAUD¯=="FRANCAIS"¯;*;
BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl)BX (wait)®GL-Fin¯®EI¯;*;
BX (load c:\xy4\eng.spl)BX (wait)®LB-Fin¯BX (spell);*;

My problem now is with switching between Microlytics (english) and PCLEXAM
(french). I am using the following macro:

®LB-Change PCLEXAM ? Microlytics ¯XH BX (UNLOAD
3)®IF®VAUD¯=="FRANCAIS"¯;*;
BX (d om=0 )BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl)BX (wait)®GL-Fin¯®EI¯;*; BX (d om=31)BX
(load c:\xy4\eng.spl+c:\xy4\pers.spl)BX (wait)
®LB-Fin¯BX (spell);*;

(PERS.SP is the supplementaL dictionary -Jan 8 1993- that came with XY4)

My problem now is that Microlytics does not work properly in that context
(while PCLEXAM has no problem). If no errors then spelling goes to end of file
without problems. However if it finds word which it does not recognize, if I
press the F5 key to add word to eng.spl the cursor moves to blank command line,
word is NOT added and spell is aborted.

Exactly the same thing happens when I do it manually i.e: (1) define new OM,
(2) load eng.spl (3) invoke spell from the command line. If Microlytics finds a
word it does not like if I press F5 to add to eng.spl, nothing happens, cursor
on blank command line,  brings me back to text on next word.

I guess I must have a "buggy" version of XY4 (4.011). In desperation I removed
all PCLEXAM defaults from the SETTINGS.DFL, rebooted and tried to run the
default Microlytics dictionary, exactly same thing happens when I want to use
the F5 key to add to eng.spl.

Thanks very much.

 -- Michel Slivitzky