Re: Another new VDOSXY install

Considerable progress!

It started with fixing one elementary error: environmental variable c:\vdos\ (had missed final backslash).

I did a very careful slow install of VDOS with an XY directory from my old XP computer.
Copied these key assignments into my XT4-3.kbd file (yes, it's been that long).

; Copy
46=NOBXs,a,d,/,n,v, ,c,:,\,v,c,l,i,p,.,t,x,t,Q2BXw,a,i,t,Q2BXd,o,s,/,n,v,/,x,/,z, ,/,c, ,c,m,d,.,e,x,e, ,/,c, ,s,t,a,r,t,/,m,i,n, ,%,v,d,o,s,d,i,r,%,v,c,l,i,p,.,b,a,t,Q2

;Paste
47=NOBXd,o,s,/,n,v,/,x,/,z, ,/,c, ,c,m,d,.,e,x,e, ,/,c, ,s,t,a,r,t,/,m,i,n, ,%,v,d,o,s,d,i,r,%,v,c,l,i,p,.,b,a,t, ,p,Q2BXp,Q2BXm,e, ,c,:,\,v,c,l,i,p,.,t,x,t,Q2

And I cut-and-pasted the VCLIP frame into XYWWWEB.U2.

Function keys now all work properly. There must have been something odd in the keyboard file from the previous Win7 computer that wasn't in the Win XP computer.

As for VCLIP, batting .500 now.

When I hit CTRL-C on a highlighted word, something flashes, but when I hit CTRL-V to copy into Notepad, alas, the previous Window  clipboard entry goes into Notepad.

BUT, when I hit CTRL-V in XY, there's another flash and something promising: I get that same previous Windows clipboard entry into the XY file.

So I have one-way traffic, yes! Just have to figure out what's wrong with CTRL-C.

Jon Pareles