Re: MS-Word saves in XY4?

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:

> Did you try RTF? Esp. using the U2 routine SARTF? And keep the
> formatting to a minimum, because the filters will stick in a whole lot
> of it, regardless.

  I had tried RTF before, but only the "IBM RFT: DCA" which gave me
total garbage in OO. Now, however, I noticed that it doesn't say RTF,
but RFT -- and I have no clue as to what that actually is. Anyway, I
tried the one lower down in the menu, "Microsoft Rich Text 850" and that
 worked, more or less, lost some formatting and added my name to each
page in a header, but that's at least fairly workable.
  I wasn't able to get SARTF to work. Running it straight on the
command line gives me "command not found" and trying it as "SARTF
" gives me "Application Error". I'm afraid I've almost totally
forgotten everything I ever knew about xy commands.

--
Harmon Seaver