Re: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v3

> Also look at the HP Deskjets, especially the DJ682C ($299 or less) and
> the DJ693C ($349 or less; has a $50 photo-print kit option which is paid
> for by the rebate offer). Amazing quality for the price. Both also print
> banners (remember fanfold paper?...)

But if you're running under Windows NT 4, you are completely wasting your
time with Hewlett Packard. For example, the HP 820CXI (advertised as the
professional choice) does not now, nor will it ever, run under NT (HP
blames Microsoft, saying Microsoft won't allow HP to write the drivers - if
you believe that, I guess you'll believe anything). And for any other of
their top-range offerings, while technically they do work under NT 4, their
output quality is so poor that no-one in their right mind would buy one.
And in many people's opinion, the company has now become exceedingly
complacent and arrogant in its dealings with its customers.