Re: Sig+ xpl [was Re: Porting DLG funcs $0-$9|$A-$Z to U2]

 	... one would code
		AS &C ed XC {pv110}
	confident that !xyWise func BC substitute &C
	is free of BX's temperamental proclivities. 	--me

	What temperamental proclivities are those? Examples? 	--Carl

Huh? Weren't we just discussing that AS BX ed Q2
fails? That's alone makes BX unreliable. You
seemed to assume that anyone would know to throw
in a {va$dr} with AS BX. Where is that written?
What other undocumented work-arounds does BX
require in what other situations? Or have BX
work-arounds become so habitual that you don't
think of them as such? One frame of the xyWin/nbWin
!BetterThanAverageTaggingTool port contains
the ugliest xpl I ever wrote. The code is not a
kludge, because that implies some ingenuity. This
code is just desperate. Several lines are designed
to indulge Sig+ xpl refusal to comply at that
point with a simple BX search command. But first
I had to dup {gl__} instructions to overcome
sudden Sig+ xpl reluctance to obey the first {gl__}
issued. I'm answering your questions, not requesting
remedies; the gross code works. If you want to
examine it the url is in my sig and the frame
is {{5,bta4}} (code that in the xyW3 !xyWWWiz
original works fine in one save/get is divided into
five arbitrary U2 frames because keeping it in one
frame chokes Sig+). Leslie has expressed displeasure
with BX here. Why challenge me and not him?

	[S]creen-repainting routines in XyWin (and
	no doubt also NBWin) are relatively fleet in
	graphical views but painfully slow in eXPanded
	view[. ...] It's something to keep in mind
	when writing XPL for the Windows environment.

If you publish Sig+ xpl, something else to keep
in mind is that because of possible hardware
conflicts you can't be sure that xyWin and nbWin
graphical view is available (see my msg Re:
Nota Bene, Wednesday, 22 August). ... Ciao. 		--a

	xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants +
	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: