Re: Way off list for wordsmiths

Reply to note from "Avrom Fischer"  Mon, 30 Jun 2008
12:39:24 -0400

I might have added that, under the NY system, your children and
Stephen's children would be third cousins (because their nearest
common ancestor is a great-great-grandparent). In relation to
Stephen's children, your granddaughter is their third cousin once
removed. Stephen's grandchildren and your granddaughter would be
fourth cousins. And so on.

If I'm reading David Kronenfeld's reply correctly, this is the same
as the first system he describes.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx