Re: We should [NOT] move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

Jon,

Seamless mode! Who knew?! This may be the answer to a XyWriter's prayers.

After a struggle, I've got it to work. There's at least one problem:
probably because of ANSI vs. ASCII, I can't get certain ctrl keys working.
For instance, ctrl-k works but control q doesn't. When I run IDKEY.PM,
hitting the ctrl key itself gives:

key=29 not found on Table=[unshifted]; Hit key to ID . . .
Do all your ctrl-keys work in IDKEY.PM?

Excitedly and gratefully,
Harry

OK, happy new installation. I have now installed Tame 5.0 (newly downloaded from the Tame website) in XP Mode, along with some of the monospace fonts I've collected through the years. Verily Serif is very readable. http://www.dafont.com/verily-serif-mono.font Tame worked almost immediately. XY was starting in NUMLOCK (which hadn't happened in un-TAMEd XP MODE), and my STARTUP.INT has a line that toggles NumLock (BC NI TN etc.) that was put in when some previous version also started in NumLock. I took out one toggle, and it's fine. Even full-screen people should be happy with this method. TAME gives you full-screen, nice and crisp. Jon Pareles