Re: Faxing from Xy

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 6 Apr 1997 20:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

>>> I have FaxWorks and I tried it (with David A.'s change to settings.dfl)
>>> but it didn't work.

>> Then you're doing something wrong. Struggle! RTFM.

> No pain no gain, huh? Not for me. I've been there done that. That's the
> point of these lists: if someone happens to know, they can save me the struggle.

Uh-huh.

> More interesting: while Xy is loaded (even when setp 1 has been issued), the
> print-test from W95's control-panel announces that the modem is unavailable

What!? Your modem is on LPT3? What conceivable bearing does issuing
SETP 1 have on the COM port to which your modem is attached?

> because "in use by another application"!

Maybe you're logged into the Internet instead of freeing up your modem for
faxes. Or maybe you're trying to share LPT3 with another driver? But if
there's nothing in your manual about faxing from external applications, then
maybe you don't have that facility! Why not try this: issue, from DOS command
line:
  copy myfile LPT3:
If nothing happens, then the FaxWorks driver is not installed
(unavailable in your version?). It is VERY prominently mentioned in my FaxWorks
manual...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx