Re: vDos bug report

The window rotation you're describing is what's happening here, though I haven't been able to find any key combination which reliable reproduces it.  I suspect it's an unintended key combination -- a slip of the fingers -- in full screen mode, and involving the alt key, the a cursor key, and who knows what else.

Once it starts, the alt+arrow keys will flip the window accordingly.  Most of the time, righting the window correctly with the up arrow and moving out of full screen is enough to fix it, but today I had to force a shut-down and restart.

From: Paul Lagasse
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: vDos bug report

It may not be Xy3 or Xy4 or vDos issue. Some websites suggest that ctrl or shift plus alt and an arrow key can rotate the screen in Win 7 and 8. Search on "Keyboard shortcuts to rotate the screen in Win 7 and Win 8."

I have an old vDos (not the version for Xy, haven't tried that out yet) in my Win 7 setup and Ctrl-Alt-Arrowkey produces the following results:

Left arrow key: Rotate screen to 90 degrees left from normal (so that the right side of the normal screen orientation is up)
Right: 90 right from normal (left side of the normal screen is up)
Down: Rotate upside down
Up: Return to normal position

This happens when running vDos fullscreen; haven't tried it out with windowed vDos. It sounds like you might be getting a version of this; if so, it might well be an expected a Windows behavior, not a vDos bug. I have to include the Ctrl key in the combination to get this effect, and Shift-Alt-Arrowkey has no effect on my Win 7 machine (a Dell desktop). You might be invoking the process some other way?

Paul Lagasse