VPT

In answer to Tom Robertson's query about where to find VPT, I take the
liberty of copying Carl Distefano's directions back into a message....

 >From CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx Sat Mar 13 09:06:09 1999
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:33:11 +0000
From: Carl Distefano
Subject: Showing your MiniTrue colors

Reply to note from Bob Zimmerman  Tue, 13 Oct
1998 09:44:08 -0400 (EDT)

-> Now, if only someone could tell me how to change the colors on
-> the Minitruee screen, life would be perfect.

Bob:

You need a utility like Ralph Smith's freeware classic, VPT (VGA
Palette Tool). It lets you fine-tune the color of 16 different
screen elements on a Red-Green-Blue scale with over 200,000 possible
settings -- over 4 million settings in all. Color schemes are saved
to disk as tiny 49-byte files. You can have a different scheme (or
more than one) for every DOS program you have. Indispensable.

There's a copy of VPT kicking around my Web site. Grab it at
http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xfer/vgatool.zip.

Once you have your color schemes for XyWrite and MiniTrue, it's a
simple matter to load the MiniTrue palette upon shelling out to that
program, then reloading the previous palette upon returning to Xy.

Ya see, life *is* good!

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/