Re: XY4 beginner question

On 01/18/97 at 03:16 AM,
  rrr@xxxxxxxx (Rene v. Rentzell ) said (in so many words):

<- After reading all the encouragement recently, I have just re-installed
<- XY-4 and will try it out for real this time (last time I dumped it
<- after a day, because it seemed, well, icky). Now it is sitting here,
<- and I am trying to tweak the .dfl and .kbd files enough to make it
<- comfortable. First and immediate problem: How can I get the page
<- number and page line to display? I did put the "*pl*" in the .dfl
<- file, but all I get in the status line is a "78LI", which doesn't
<- change no matter where I am. Help?

Just for hell of it I am attaching my settings.dfl (my kbd file is too
idiosyncratic I think to be helpful). And here in isolation is the
specific line you asked about:

; XM displays Page-Line Number and Filename and Time indicators on prompt
line ;df XM=*PL
df XM= *PL  *FI    *TI
;

I am not sure why you're getting what you said (the 78LI) but take a look
at the attached settings.dfl and see if your dfl is relevantly different.
--
                     Regards,
                     David

Bad cooks...have delayed human development longest and impaired it most.
                --Nietzsche

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU