Re: TrueType or Type 1 and XyWrite 4 (DOS)

I've resurrected an old copy of XyWrite 4 (DOS) for my wife, who used
the program extensively before she retired, loved it, and would like
to go back to using it. It would be great to be able to use either
TrueType or Type 1 fonts. Following up on Bill Troop's short note, I
tried looking into the www.freetype.org source, but I can't seem to
raise them- my ISP server can't locate them.

Can anyone provide me with help or insight? Or am I going to have to
locate a copy of the Windows version (4+ ?)
 - - - - - - - - - -
On Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:04:07 EDT, you wrote:

>To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Footnote Size problem
>From: Bill Troop
>Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 00:32:18 -0400
>

>>I don't see how TrueType can operate outside the M$ GUI context.
>
>Easy, kind of: http://www.freetype.org. A free open source TrueType
>rasterizer/manager that can be ported
>to any platform.

We have term limits for Presidents. We're working on term limits for Congressmen and Senators. Maybe
we need term limits for political parties.

Snailmail:
S. Matthew Prastein
15 Shiloh Drive
Jacksonville, IL 62650-1090