Re: More on NB

So, Harry, there are significant problems completely outside of U2 or XPL considerations ?

I don't know, because I spent the hour or two on the U2 issue. I don't know if I could use NB if XPL doesn't work well with it.

Are you implying that we might have been better off pausing at one of the earlier Beta releases ?

No. And I don't know what that would mean.

  Are these issues being called to the attention of NB ?

Just about to send a copy of this to Steve.

Their public announcements seemed to be saying that everything was proceeding smoothly, with final product release imminent.  That may have been painting way too rosy a picture, it seems.

It may not be too rosy for the people who don't make the same use of it as we do. People who don't want to customize, who don't know about XPL and u2, people who are mostly concerned with Orbis, Ibidem, and the other one (Lingua?).

As another solution, though a heretical one, does anyone know of a word-processing program that treats some simple scripting language (like Python) the way XyWrite treats XPL?

I have Notepad++ and it can run Python, but it is not as seamlessly integrated, it seems, as XPL programs are with XyWrite.

Regards,
Harry

I have been a step or two behind whatever the current Beta was, for some time now, and
have not given any of these versions more than the most cursory usage.  If I should have
waited at B12, B18, or another of them, while this was all getting thrashed out, that could
have been useful to know.

  Jordan

. . .